Visit the Online Chapel
for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.
Schedule of Services
Sundays: Orthros (Matins): 8:45 AM | Divine Liturgy: 9:45 AM
Weekdays: Orthros (Matins): 9:00 AM | Divine Liturgy: 10:00 AM
For information on our Lenten and Holy Week services please contact the Church office at (203) 795-1347 between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Philosophy of our Sunday School Program
The philosophy of our Sunday School Program is based on a Christocentric approach, which prepares the students with principles of the Orthodox Faith, encouraging them to grow in God’s Service. Our program builds a solid foundation for the children of our community through exemplary lessons in the Teaching and Worship Practices of the Greek Orthodox Christian Faith.
Goals of the Sunday School Program
1. To encourage all students from nursery age to seniors in high school to participate in our Sunday School Program.
2. To make our Sunday School spiritually enriching for our children.
3. To establish a stable Christian educational environment.
4. To provide Christian awareness and education for inclusive classrooms and learning format / geared for all children of all abilities.
5. To provide well rounded and theologically based lessons on the Bible, Liturgical Worship, Prayer Life, Sacramental Life, and Mission Awareness.
6. To have a dependable volunteer staff, who because of their personal commitment to Christ, serve His Church as teachers.
7. To provide the staff and students with text books and other resources (i.e. craft supplies, videos...) which inspire and enhance Christian learning.
8. To provide Sunday School students the opportunity to learn about Stewardship and caring for our Church, community center and grounds.
9. To learn how to work together with one another in the House of God.
10. To encourage respect and Christian agape among all children of our church.
Ways Parents Can Help Strengthen The Foundation of Religious Education
1. Plan to be in Church prior to the beginning of Sunday School - which begins at 9:45 am.
2. Be consistent. Attend Church regularly.
3. Visit the classroom and meet with the teacher to see what lessons your child is learning so that lesson material can be re-enforced at home; ask your child if they have any special handouts from the teacher.
4. See that your child comes to class prepared with books, homework assignments etc.
5. Practice the faith at home, observe fast days and schedule family prayer time. Children are great imitators; what they see you do, you will see them do.
6. Be realistic in setting your goals as you grow in the Faith. God will always provide more than you will ever need, but you need to be willing and ready to be called and to follow Him in every aspect of your life.
7. Do not feel alone, or overwhelmed, but turn to Him in prayer at all times. Stand Firm in Holy Tradition and Be Well In Faith.
Upcoming Events and Services
Methodios the Martyr, Bishop of Olympus
June 20, 2013
June 20, 2013 6:30 pm
Julian the Martyr of Tarsus
June 21, 2013
The Saturday of Souls
June 22, 2013
Orthros & Divine Liturgy
June 22, 2013 9 am
June 23, 2013
See more on our Calendar Page »
2013 Stewardship Packet
August 9, 2013 @ 7:00p.m.
Summer Camp 2013
Summer Camp Registration Form
Half Day Summer Camp 2013
Summer Camp Registration Form
Visit our Online Store for a huge selection of icons, Bibles, books, music, and more.
No documents found.