Membership in the Order of AHEPA provides tangible and intangible benefits to the men who are bonded by their shared belief in the Principles and their active adherence to the Objectives of the AHEPA brotherhood. In regular and impromptu Chapter meetings, and in District and Supreme Conventions, Ahepans come together to celebrate their accomplishments and enjoy pride in their fellowship.
In return, the brotherhood exercises outreach in the areas of philanthropy, civic duty, and family and individual excellence, contributes to the education of the young and serves as a vehicle for the support of Hellenism and the progressive development and emergence of American citizens of Greek heritage, by birth or by association, into every facet of society.
Here are a few typical examples of AHEPA contributions, in accord with its Principles and Objectives, over its 92 years of history.
- U.S. War Bond Drive, World War II, AHEPA raised more than $253 million.
- Late 1940s saw seven AHEPA Health Centers become operable, including the AHEPA Wing of the Evangelismos Hospital.
- In 1951, the AHEPA Hospital at Thessaloniki was dedicated.
- AHEPA School Building, St. Basil's Academy, completed in 1962, $245,000 donated.
- In the mid-1970s the AHEPA Educational Foundation is formed. Over $1.6 million contributed to scholarship awards and endowment funds in 1996 at the local, district and national levels.
- AHEPA Cooley's Anemia Foundation established in the late 1970s to issue grants to medical researchers and doctors to discover a cure for this disease. The foundation issued grants in the amount of $90,000 in 1997.
- Dedication of three more AHEPA Hall for Boys, St. Basil's Academy, 1981, $1.5 million donated.
- AHEPA National Housing Corporation formed in 1983 to pursue housing projects from HUD. Today, HUD commitment to AHEPA National Housing Corporation has reached more than $600 million.
- A total of $612,000 was donated from 1986 to 1991 for the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island Restoration, earning special recognition by the United States Department of the Interior.
- AHEPA Bone Marrow Registry established in the late 1980s to help find donors for the bone marrow transplants
- The AHEPA family raised $229,000 for victims of the Athens earthquake, September 7, 1999. The funds went toward purchasing sonar detection equipment, an ambulance at Evangelismos Hospital, and toward restoration of a day care facility in Menidi.
- Over $150,000 was raised for National Tragedy Relief following the terrorist attacks of September 11.
- In 2007-08, AHEPA transported 270 Care packages totaling $250,000 worth of goods, and raised an additional $250,000 in financial assistance for Greece’s Wildfires Victims.
- AHEPA’s Humanitarian Campaign to aid Greece during an unprecedented financial crisis has raised nearly $500,000 to feed the less fortunate, and working in cooperation with other organizations, secured shipments of medical supplies to Greece valued at nearly $4 million
Parish Resource Guide:
Upcoming Events and Services
Ὁσίου Δαυΐδ τοῦ ἐν Θεσσαλονίκῃ
David the Righteous of Thessalonika
Odyssey Prep - Spanakopita
Saint Barbara Summer Camp
Σαμψὼν ὁ Ξενοδόχος
Samson the Hospitable
See more on our Calendar Page »
Visit our Online Store for a huge selection of icons, Bibles, books, music, and more.
Visit us on Facebook