“With us everything should be secondary compared to our concern with children, and their upbringing in the instruction and teaching of the Lord.” Saint John Chrysostom
Philosophy of our Sunday School Program
The philosophy of our Sunday School Program is based on a Christocentric approach, which prepares the students with principles of the Orthodox Faith, encouraging them to grow in God’s Service. Our program builds a solid foundation for the children of our community through exemplary lessons in the Teaching and Worship Practices of the Greek Orthodox Christian Faith.
Goals of our Sunday School Program
1. To encourage all students from nursery age to seniors in high school to participate in our Sunday School Program.
2. To make our Sunday School spiritually enriching for our children.
3. To establish a stable Christian educational environment.
4. To provide Christian awareness and education for inclusive classrooms and learning format / geared for all children of all abilities.
5. To provide well rounded and theologically based lessons on the Bible, Liturgical Worship, Prayer Life, Sacramental Life, and Mission Awareness.
6. To have a dependable volunteer staff, who because of their personal commitment to Christ, serve His Church as teachers.
7. To provide the staff and students with text books and other resources (i.e. craft supplies, videos...) which inspire and enhance Christian learning.
8. To provide Sunday School students the opportunity to learn about Stewardship and caring for our Church, community center and grounds.
9. To learn how to work together with one another in the House of God.
10. To encourage respect and Christian agape among all children of our church.
Ways Parents Can Help Strengthen The Foundation of Religious Education
1. Plan to be in Church prior to the beginning of Sunday School - which begins at 9:45 am.
2. Be consistent. Attend Church regularly.
3. Visit the classroom and meet with the teacher to see what lessons your child is learning so that lesson material can be re-enforced at home; ask your child if they have any special handouts from the teacher.
4. See that your child comes to class prepared with books, homework assignments etc.
5. Practice the faith at home, observe fast days and schedule family prayer time. Children are great imitators; what they see you do, you will see them do.
6. Be realistic in setting your goals as you grow in the Faith. God will always provide more than you will ever need, but you need to be willing and ready to be called and to follow Him in every aspect of your life.
7. Do not feel alone, or overwhelmed, but turn to Him in prayer at all times. Stand Firm in Holy Tradition and Be Well In Faith.
Upcoming Events and Services
Service of the Bridegroom-Ακολουθία του Νυμφίου
See more on our Calendar Page »
Visit our Online Store for a huge selection of icons, Bibles, books, music, and more.
Visit us on Facebook